Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Alvin and the Chipmunks

Do you remember when you got your wisdom teeth removed? It wasn't that long ago for me. I remember it being the day before Thanksgiving so I couldn't enjoy the dinner, and I remember my face swelling up to the size of tennis balls. Everyone called me a chipmunk, and yes, I did in fact resemble one.

Fast forward to today...the love of my life had his wisdom teeth removed on Monday. He was is such an enormous amount of pain (I think men are bigger weenies than women anyway) that I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. I wanted so badly to take care of him and ease his pain, but alas, I could not. So I picked him up a frosty and sugar coated his pain. And it worked! You know how I know it's true love? Today I think he is quite possibly the most adorable little puff ball ever. Today he is the chipmunk and I just want to hug him and squeeze him and kiss him. He's so cute! Don't tell him I said that. He's so embarrassed that he wouldn't even go to work. I guess playing hookie one more day can't hurt, especially since today he's out shopping for my Birthday present.

I'm going to be 23 soon. Very soon. Too soon. I'm not one of those people that freak out right before their Birthday though. It's just not in my blood. My mother still enjoys her Birthday. It's her special day; a day entirely devoted to her. I think that as long as you wine and dine her she'll enjoy her day forever. I hope I'm that same way. So far so good. I'm really looking forward to my day this year. We're going to dinner at Stephan Pyles. I haven't heard much about him before now, but he's supposed to be one of the most influential chefs in the South. And i like Southern food, so I'm sure it will be good. I'll tell you about it on Sunday.

Looks like I was all over the place today. Until we meet again.

No comments: